Monday, March 17, 2014

Thanks For Working Like A Dog

One of my co-workers helps run the Meridian Humane Society here.  She is always sharing information about new dogs they have taken in.  ANYWAY, apparently four veterinary students helped them to build a web site.  Not only did they help to build it, they paid for the web site for a year.  How sweet is that?!!!?  She asked me if I could PLEASE make four thank you cards for these "veterinary geeks"...My very first thought was of a dog sitting at a computer in glasses with his cup of coffee.  I asked a couple of the artists I design for if they had anything or if they were interested in drawing something...they weren't, so I went searching.  I found and purchased this fun image from Cornish Heritage Farms..pretty much exactly what I was thinking, don't ya think?  :)  I had to change the sentiment since it was supposed to be a thank you note.  Due to the fact that I have a difficult time making two of the same cards I used the same papers and came up with four different cards.  I used a fun EK Success dog paw print edge punch on a couple and a fun dog paw print embossing folder by Darice for the others.  I added buttons, pearls and twine on a couple (actually I used the twine on all of them), I used a fun fire hydrant on one, brads on one, and gems on one.  Here they are:





Thanks for looking!


Sentimental Sundays (must always add a sentiment) 1 entry per person – Cute and Cuddly + a sentiment
Pile It On – for a guy


Creative Card Crew – Charms
Nutcrafters (one entry per challenge) – BOYS
Fab ‘n’ Funky Challenges –animals, no people allowed
Simply Create Too (enter up to 3 times) –  animals
 


6 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so much fun. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

Cornelia W said...

Your card made my laugh! Well done, so funny! Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create too! Hugs, Cornelia SCT-DT

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my gosh, I so love these cards! they are perfect for the people who helped at the Humane Society, which was so very nice of them to do. I'll have to go check out this image as well. super fun!

thank you so much for joining our 'For a Guy' challenge over at Pile it On! hope to see you again next week. we love it when you pile on the challenges! :)

Carla said...

super card!

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Delightful 'DOG' card . Thanks for entering our Challenge #57 - "Animals"--hope you enter our upcoming challenges too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

BethieJ said...

These are all FABULOUS!! That image is PERFECT for what you needed!!
Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!