Saturday, March 15, 2014

Me...in a nutshell

So far I think I've only used this image once or twice.  This is Euro Girl KAREN by Rick St. Dennis.  Mr St Dennis has made an image for each of his DT folks.  This is mine.  I love how well he knows me!  haha  Been there done that is so totally my theme song!  haha  Love the "starred in the play" since I act, the "Opera" version coming soon is perfect since my daughter performs with Opera Idaho....  Yep, perfection!  I decided to go a bit "retro" with this card doing a fun tie die look both with the paper and on her (my) shirt.  I tore up some paper, put a slit in the tie die DP and slid the paper through it along with some glitter tulle.  I added some rickrack, gems and flowers too.  I punched along the edge using a Punch around the page punch and added a ribbon.  Just too much fun huh?  LOL



Thanks for looking!


Outlawz CAS – just CAS - Retro
Make It Monday – Always ANYTHING GOES!
Bearly-Mine Challenges –  (2 entries max) – One for the girls
Through The Craftroom Door  (2 entries max) –  Anything goes
Craft-Room Challenge (3 entries)  enspired by the 20th century (tell how)- I was born in the 20th century...LOL

Little Red Wagon – truly dimensional
Sisterhood Of Crafters (no more than 3 entries) – sentiment as main focus (it pretty much is since it's on her/my shirt)

Winter Wonderland– girls, girls, girls
QKR Stampede (enter up to 3 times) – anything goes
A Gem of A Challenge – Mother’s Day/Female Birthday/Special Lady
Just Keep On Creating – anything goes

14 comments:

Jackie C said...

Karen, thisis such a sweet card, saw it on MIM. Thank you for leaving me some love!
Jackie

Monika Reeck said...

She is a cute Image and look at those Flowers..its so lovely dear Karen and thanks for the comment on my card..I will go to your blog candy...thanks for mention it....and hope you will have many ladies join your blog Candy....sweet card you made dear Karen..

I see your creation on The Last Make It Monday (MIM), my card is #220, if you would like to see it on my blog and if you would like to leave me some love I would be glad...hugs, Monika

suzARTe said...

This is the perfect digi for you, love the main image, so much fun and I love the LO of the card as well.

Thanks so much for sharing your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. Hope you are having a lovely weekend :)

Diane said...

Adorable image and sentiment...love it...such pretty details added, too!! Thank you for joining us this week in our "Sentimental Journey" challenge at "The Sisterhood"...hope you come back soon!!
Diane DT

Zoe Sanderson said...

Love it, remember tie dying but the one I've been waiting for is the reason you have given the century you were born in! Thank you & Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Bridie Payne said...

Fabulously bright and colourful

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

Happy Sunday!

Hugs

Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a cute sentiment and love that it's on her shirt! LOL! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Fabulous creation, great textures.
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

Tracy Penney said...

Lovely card. I love all the vibrant colours. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the colours but we are a Christmas challenge so unfortunately your entry is ineligible for the Winter Wonderland challenge

Shary said...

love the T-shirt, great card. Thanks for joining us at CCT.x

Christine said...

Super sweet image cute card,fab take on the chall theme.

Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a chall

smiles Christine x

Lisa West said...

Thanks for joining my challenge at A Gem of Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx

Laney said...

Fabulous creation Karen!!Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine this time
hugs
laney